Park entry into the Festival is free. Each food vendor or food truck will be selling their specialty item(s) at their set price. We encourage you to arrive early so that you don’t miss out on getting your favorite BBQ from one of the county’s more popular grill masters.
Our VIP ticket allows unlimited access to the VIP Lounge from 12:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m., as well as premier seating near the outdoor stage, complementary BBQ, a specialty bar with a variety of liquor, local craft beers and soft drinks. VIP space is also reserved on the festival grounds near the stage for peek viewing privilege. Click here to reserve your VIP ticket today as supplies are limited.
In addition to the judged contest, the grill masters compete for the coveted “People’s Choice” Award, determined by your votes.
About the Event
Inspired by the interests of some of the Treasure Coast’s top grill masters combined with UP’s goal to host a very family-friendly and affordable event that everyone could enjoy.
Net proceeds from beverages, soft drinks and water sales, and sponsorships all benefit United Against Poverty, SLC to support UP Center programs that inspire and empower people living in poverty to lift themselves and their families to economic self-sufficiency.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a sponsor! Please click here for our sponsorship form for which the opportunities available.
We encourage you to learn more about our organization on our wesite www.upslc.org and like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hopeforstlucie. If you would like to visit our campus and see our empowering programs first-hand, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour.
Best BBQ Competition
Participating grill masters are from varying restaurants from in and around the Treasure Coast area.
The top grill master will receive an award recognzing them as having the “Best of the Best BBQ”, exclusive use of the “Best of the Best BBQ” logo in their advertising, and bragging rights for one year. There is also a “People’s Choice” Award.
Please click here to complete an entry form.
- “Teams” can consist of as many people as they feel necessary, but one member must be chosen as Team Captain.
- There is no fee for entering the competition, but there is a vendor fee of $150 (the same as any other festival food vendor).
- You must bring your own grill/smoker/griddle.
- You must agree to cook and plate (1) regular sized portion of your BBQ specialty for the competition judges to taste. This plate can include your favorite condiment(s), toppings and/or side.
- As a food vendor you are welcome to sell your BBQ specialty item to the public at your established price; however, you are not permitted to sell any beverages. All beverage sales will be managed by the Festival organizers, United Against Poverty.
- You will be provided with an outdoor vending area. Additional space requirements must be defined upon registration. No pre-cooking allowed.
- All property and equipment used for cooking must be confined to your allocated space. All equipment must be free standing — no stakes and maintained at safe temperatures.
- All food products must be stored and maintained at safe temperatures.
- Each contestant competing shall supply all of their own meat, cooking ingredients, utensils, preparation tables, etc.
- All fires must be contained. Absolutely no ground fires or pits.
- Meat must be cooked at no less than 145°F. Meat prepared at a lower temperature will be disqualified from the competition.
- Team Captain is responsible for the team conduct. No alcoholic beverages (except when used for cooking) and/or misconduct by team members or guests will be allowed.
- Each team is responsible for cleaning up their cooking area at 7:00 p.m.
- Entry deadline is April 25, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. with the payment of $150.
- Chef meeting and promotional photo shoot will be announced
- Teams will be placed in a spot upon arrival and check-in on Monday, May 25, 2020 which is from 5 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. (due to the memorial service at 11 a.m.) Staff will be on-hand Sunday, May 24th from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. for early set-up. Cooking areas are assigned by the organizers of the Festival and have sole discretion of their location.
- Preparation can start as early as the afternoon/evening before; however, “The Team” must be prepared to stay with their product if need be.
- Judging begins at 2 p.m. You will be given your judging time slot and competitor number upon check-in. BBQ plates not available at the judging area within 5 minutes of the judging show time may be disqualified.
- People’s Choice Award will be announced at 5 p.m.
- BBQ plates may earn up to 40 points from each judge: 10 points for presentation (appearance), 10 points for taste/flavor, 10 points for technique, 10 points creativity/uniqueness. The BBQ entry with the highest point value wins the Judges’ Choice Award.
- All results are final. Teams are reminded that this is a family friendly festival and cooking competition. Team spirit and good sportsmanship is required at all times.
- The first 20 completed applications with payment are guaranteed entry into the cooking competition.
- United Against Poverty SLC, Sponsors, Volunteers of the BBQ, Blues & Bike Fest will not be held responsible for loss, damage, theft, injury, or accidents.
Best Bike Competition
To enter your ride whether it be a custom piece or an antique treasure, you can enter for a nominal fee of $65 per motorcycle. Trophies for “Judges’ Best in Show” and a “People’s Choice” Award will be given!
An application for the Best Bike Competition can be found by clicking here.
We welcome vendors of all types. Non-Profit vendors can reserve a space for $25; Art/ Craft/Retail $50, Commercial Business $100, Food Vendor $150; Political $125, Snack Vendor 10’x10’ Tent $100, Indoor Vendor space is available for an additional $25 (limited to two 6’ tables).
Booth space is limited. We will accommodate booth selection based on a first-come first served basis and payment in full.
Each of the vendors will be allocated a 10’x10’ space to promote their item(s) to our attendees. You must provide your own tables, chairs, and electrical cords (outlets are limited). Tents are highly recommended.
Click here to download our Vendor Application form.